The European Concrete Platform (ECP) is a European Association which gathers together European branch associations representing the concrete industry and its constituents. The aim of the ECP is to study and promote all aspects of concrete as the material of choice for sustainable construction.
In this regard, the ECP covers a wide range of topics, ranging from thermal mass and energy efficiency to Eurocodes and fire safety.
The ECP is also involved in several projects and alliances. These include BUILDUP, Fire Safe Europe, the Sustainable Construction Glossary, and Construction Products Europe. For more information on the issues we cover, please visit the Issues, ECP Positions and Publications sections of our website
ECP News roundup – a summary of interesting news from across Europe
- Energy consumption in buildings 'essential' to EU energy policy (17 June 2014). Source: The Parliament Magazine
- Official photos from the launch of THe Concrete Initiative now available! (2 June 2014) Source: The Concrete Initiative
- Results of the 2014 European Parliament elections now available! (30 May 2014) Source: European Parliament
- Nordic firefighters put the fire hazard of building materials on the agenda (16 May 2014) Source: Fire Safe Europe
- Serbian Cement Industry Association (CIS) launches Serbian version of Sustainable Benefits of Concrete Stuctures publication (16 April 2014). Source: CIS
- The European Construction Sector: a global partner (March 2014) Soucre: The European Commission
- New study to boost business case for green buildings (4 March 2014) Source: The Construction Index
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter for the latest news highlights!